Thursday, November 02, 2006

i am robot and proud - the electricity in your house wants to sing - 2006

I'm getting the hang of blogging, well a bit anyway, and KW tells me Rapidshare's up and running again. Can't say I'm that impressed with the look of the blog though. Still hopefully everything works as it should and when I get time and, more importantly an idea, I'll sort things out a bit.
So: i am robot and proud a surefire way to attract me; get an unusual name, set it in lower case, have an eyecatching cover and label yourselves something like "new age avant folktronica triphop chill". Don't ask for much do I? No disrespect to them, as I like the album a lot, but, on one level, they do make very pleasant noodly electronic wall paper. Just the thing to play whilst typing up this kinda stuff. It reminds me of erm, I think it's early Fourtet and maybe Her Space Holiday anyway when it comes to me exactly I'll edit it in. I particularly like the shoddily edited beats sample used in track one - so no it's not a bad rip! on my part. My favorite ppl at Vinyl Exchange have this listed at £4.40 and I'm sorely tempted.
But it's also the penguin cover that I like as they won't be around for long, Penguins, that is, fortunately for them the Japanese don't eat them. Now that's not meant as a racial slur or xenophobic bigotry but, fuck me, they're wiping out whales just to put a national delicacy on their plates. Almost everyone else is in agreement that whaling must stop except a minority who practice slaughter under the cloak of "scientific research" and gain support via economic blackmail. Whales could be the largest and most sentient being on the planet - let's let them live. And the penguins too. I kind've like the penguin advert that's on tv at the moment and the current trailer that shows a penguine falling through the ice and all his palls piling in in after him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken Wood says h88p://rapidshare.com/files/1670076/iarap008.rar

and you know the p/w kenwoodmixed

Anonymous said...

Your good at this John,made me want to go out and save a whale (or 2)no really you should have a go at some political spin,join the spin doctors..keep it up m8, makes for good reading

j8hn said...

cheers m8
I always try and steer well clear of political discussions especially amongst friends as not only do I get easily bored I just find it a breach of social etiquette along with discussions about ops, lumbago and the like.
Believe me you don't want to hear me spindoctoring from a political soapbox.