Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bon Iver - For Emma Forever Ago - 2008

There's a possibility that this album may get overhyped so greatly has it been praised thus far. Whilst it's good - it's not that good; my money would be on the rev. Al Green's new release as "album of the month".
It's becoming a cliche I know but it is quite astonishing that this album was thrown together by the author and just his laptop. The result is a collection of intimate tunes both in context and sound, calling to mind Thoma Dybdhal, that display a wonderful restraint and subtle yet sophisticated production technique.
buy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/115821347/bifefa.rar

replace the "**" with "tt", I'm doing it this way as a means of disguising the rs link in the vain hope that the link doesn't get taken down unlike as has happened to everyone else's. If it becomes a pain just let me know and I'll just put the link in straight